Cob: Cob In NYS

ACFitt at aol.com ACFitt at aol.com
Thu Oct 12 20:57:18 CDT 2000

In a message dated 10/12/00 5:18:05 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
rainbo at rochester.rr.com writes:

> Good news!!!!! I talked to the
>  building
>  inspector and he said "Get me the plan, stamped by a NYS certified
>  architect.",
>  More good news!! Found an architect close by who has a great passion for
>
>  sustainable architecture, although she has not yet had the opportunity
>  to do this
>  type of design she feels fortunate and excited to have the chance. Hey,
>  perhaps
>  this will give exposure to people in this area and open up a few minds.

Chantelle,
Where are you located?  I am going to be moving to the general vicinity of
Claverack, NY (South of Albany, more or less) in a couple of months.
Columbia County, maybe Greene or Rennselaer instead.  Plan is to buy acreage
and live in a trailer or mobile home while I get to know the land and then
build a strawbale/cob hybrid.  I'd be very curious to hear from folks in the
lower New England area who have gone the alternative route...

Annie (acfitt at aol.com)
& the Ragtag Horde