Cob: Texas cob?

Sabrina L Acevedo sabdan at surfsouth.com
Fri Oct 20 18:17:27 CDT 2000

Not only texas:
I am very interested in building with cob but am very serious about taking necessary precautions due to being subject to tornado hazard and indirect hurricane hazard. My son and I live in South Georgia apx. 55 miles NE of Tallahassee. Last weekend we
mixed a cob chinking mixture to seal our green house(4ml plastic and 2x4 w/corrugated roofing panel) we loved the malability and the lure of future success with this fabulous material as
a building material. we have access to bamboo and due to its linear strengh we are wondering if it would be posssible to reinforce interior frame w/bamboo and next question would be how to properely secure bamboo frame. Would this method (bamboo
frame) reduce hurricane/tornado damage, or hoppefully eliminate it.
Love to all
Luwan Acevedo