Cob: R value U value

caoimhin at indigo.ie caoimhin at indigo.ie
Thu Oct 26 17:48:40 CDT 2000

Hi

A question. Myself and a number of others are planning to build cob homes in
the next few years on an eco-village here in Ireland. Great project email if
you want more info. However I digress. I was asked by a structural engineer
about the U value and the R value of cob. Such figures he said would be very
useful when putting together planning applications here. County planners are
not very open when it comes to alternative building especially 'mud houses'
or cob. So the more technical information the better.

Thankyou

Caoimhin Woods
Dublin, Ireland