Cob: R value U value

Linda Rogers llrogers at airmail.net
Fri Oct 27 19:02:47 CDT 2000

Hi,

Speaking of Ireland, have any of you seen the charming movie "SECRET OF
ROAN INISH"??  It is a nice little story and good for children
especially.  Towards the last fourth of the movie there is some footage
showing cob-like construction or rather repairs being made to cob-like
cottages...  Anyway, I just wondered if what I saw in this movie is
considered "European Cob" (s opposed to "Oregon Cob")?  In any case, the
cottages are splendid!  The movie is worth renting and you would probably
all find this part very interesting.

Linda Rogers
www.swallowtailfarms.com
www.butterflyboutique.net