Cob: The code battle

Justin O'Dea justino_dea at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 29 13:06:39 CST 2000

Hello Cobbers,
   I was wondering about any recent advancements in the battle of the
bulding codes and cob, particularly in urban settings. I am involved in a
project in Olympia, WA that would love too see Cob be a viable alternative
for providing affordable housing for low income individuals and families.
The problem of course, being the intense building codes so characteristic of
urban settings. Ive seen the "monolithic abobe" codes for Tuscon, AZ, and
theyre quite intimidating. just wondering if anyone's heard anything beyond
that...
                               Justin O'Dea
                               Olympia, WA