Cob: Posts embedded in cob

Shawn Honeychurch ironfire at cyberlink.bc.ca
Tue Oct 31 09:05:30 CST 2000

Hi All;

We are planning to build a post and beam style house with cob walls.  We are
going to build short sections of straight cobs walls between the posts using
forms and shape the cob around the posts so that the finished house will not
have any posts showing.  We were just reading in the "Cob Builders Handbook"
that this is not suggested due to the shrinkage of the cob while it is
drying.
Has anyone tried this, or does anyone have suggestions on how to get around
this problem so we don't have to totally redesign the house?

Shawn and Robynn