Cob: RE: RE: Posts embedded in cob

Shawn Honeychurch ironfire at cyberlink.bc.ca
Thu Nov 2 23:04:06 CST 2000

Hey, this is great to know!
Where we are there is rarely ever a hard rain.  With large overhangs and
proper gutters and drainage around the perimeter of the house, I could
probably get away with a 1 foot foundation (above ground), then.  I am still
wondering about how to make a water proof  barrier between cob and
foundation if the foundation needs to be rough to stick to the cob.  If we
laid plastic on the top of a stone and mortar foundation, do you think this
would do the trick?  Would the cob still stick to that?
Robynn