Cob: RE: Australia anybody?

Couch, Valerie vcouch at colonial.com.au
Tue Nov 7 17:48:55 CST 2000

Hi Dan,
I too am trying to find out about the possibility of building a cob house in
NSW Australia.  I do know that Becky Bee has built cob structures here, she
gave me the name and address of a lady in QLD, I am in the process writing
to her about Australian regulations.  Let me know if you'd like her details.
My next step will be to go the local council and enquire there. I was also
going to order a copy of the Building Code of Australia to see what that
said. Another possibility is contacting the Earth Building Institute at
University of Technology here in Sydney. They are doing research on Earth
Building, and are advertising, asking anyone who lives in an earth house to
answer a series of questions. Perhaps they might have been contacted by
someone living in a cob house, or they might know of someone? It's probably
a long shot, but you never know!

Regards,
Valerie Couch
 <<...OLE_Obj...>>