Cob: chopping straw and now building codes

nigella nigella1 at peoplescom.net
Sun Dec 17 11:06:50 CST 2000

Shannon wrote:" these quantities of dust in an enclosed
space present a significant risk of spontaneous combustion/explosion."
 Shannon. thanks for the heads-up. That is certainly something to
rememberands something I wouldn't have  known! For now , I am in the
learning and dreaming stages. Winter is such a good time for that.
 My foremost puzzlement ,at this point. finding a place that would even let
us build a cob home. I don't have anything  especially artistic in mind. I
would love to have a cob home along the style of those built in England  a
couple of centruies ago.
 I did a web search for places in the US with no building codes but keep
coming up " File not found" .Any siggestions whrere I might find this or a
list of places in the US that allows cob buildings?
Thanks
nigella