Cob: Drainage

Roger Entwistle roger.e at virgin.net
Tue Jan 2 06:39:40 CST 2001

This is not specifically related to cob but I'm sure someone out there will be able to offer some
information/advice.

I have recently bought a stone built house in the Pyrennees, (French side). It's a four storey dwelling and
the first three floors are built directly into the hillside. I'm looking for information on constructing a suitable
drainage system to help dry out this side of the house. I've got some details on french and curtain drainsbut
need some more stuff on the construction of berms and swales. The cob book authored by Mark contains
some information on this but I need more. Any ideas?

Many thanks

Roger Entwistle