Cob: Re: Re: Cob sauna?

John Schinnerer johns at eco-living.net
Mon Jan 8 19:27:16 CST 2001

Aloha,

> Is the implication that it has in part at least dissolved? I am not sure
of
> your meaning "repurposed".

I was just trying to make a rather long story very short...I'm not sure
where they're at with it now.  The cob/cordwood was built up from the
foundations to the inside floor decking level (roughly 1-2 feet, depending
on slope underneath it) and that's as far as it got (it's a really nice
deck!).  They had other more pressing priorities, and they were
refurbishing another structure that had been in part a sauna to be one
again.  Last I heard they were thinking about using it as (among other
possibilities) a performance stage/site, as it looks very stagelike and
sits in somewhat of a natural ampitheater landform.  There has been a
little bit of wear on the exposed cob from several seasons' rain, but it
certainly hasn't dissolved.

John Schinnerer, MA
- Eco-Living -
Cultural & Ecological Designing