Cob: Interested in Effects of Earthquake

silver_thistle at mac.com silver_thistle at mac.com
Thu Mar 1 20:51:44 CST 2001

Hello Everyone...
    I am a bit of a watch in the mist, because I am mainly interested in Cob
from an educational stand point right now.  A civil engineering major, I am
facinated by all forms of earthen structures.  While I am not very far in
the program and I am going at night, my goal is to research in depth the
structural soundness of these buildings from a building code stand point.
So, I am very curious in the effects of yesterday's earthquake on the homes
in the immediate area.

I'm also curious if anyone knows of any earthen structures on the east
coast.  I'm in North Carolina, and while a cross-country road trip for
visits and workshops sound wonderful, when you are working your way through
school, it's not a realistic possablity.

Thanks for any information you can give...
Sarita