Cob: Some words, probably not so wise

TICKLETOWN at aol.com TICKLETOWN at aol.com
Sun Mar 18 10:23:01 CST 2001

Dear Dena,
and site preparation that I couldn't do with my own two hands using what was
naturally there (like Shannons' project) and as to protecting my partially
completed walls, they were made of a heavy gravel concrete mix and on-site
stone (majorly shale that was saved from the excavation into the slope) using
movable forms so I didn't have to worry much about them over our cold western
N.Y. winter. When I started to lay them up again in the spring there wes no
problem at all with bonding ,curing, etc. We did cover them with tarps in the
fall and I did wet them down good before laying the next course. The method I
used was adapted from the one the Nearings used to build many beautiful stone
homes in New England as described in the book LIVING THE GOOD LIFE. As I
said, I wouldn't do it again even though it turned out great. I actually
thought I could get it done in one summer. (I do that kind of overestimating
a lot. When the actual work is upon me I often seem to move into my
"grasshopper" mode).
 If you would be interested in seeing some pictures of my babo (burrow at
brook overlook) write to me off list and I'll send you a file.      Lois