Cob: Cob/light clay hybrid

ben graham benfrankg at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 19 14:24:36 CDT 2001

Karen,

   I have not heard of anyone who has tried what you described.  Only the
individual pieces.  I believe the reason is because of the work involved.
Michael Smith has experimented with a similar design using straw/clay infill
within a wattle and daub formwork.  I have yet to hear back on how it worked
out.  His design is described in Permaculture Activist #41 on "Natural
Building".
  I think there is great potential is this kind of thinking, but it must
derive from what makes sense in the given region.

Best

Ben Graham   Spiral Project
Burlington, VT  Northern App. Mnt Forests
Natural design/build/planning/consulting and educational
resources for cooperative healthy integrated relationships in nature and
culture