Cob: Solar Power

Kimberly Hoyer knh78 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 25 16:03:52 CDT 2001

This may or may not be appropriate for this discussion
list but I'll ask anyhow. I am looking to convert to
solar power. I currently own a 3-bedroom, stick-built
house from roughly 1930. In the future, I plan to buy
some land and build a cob home. I would like to find a
system that is compatible with my current home but can
take with me when I build the cob home. I have almost
zero knowledge of good solar systems and the companies
attached. I also know nothing about electrical
systems. I am particularly motivated to get "off the
grid" since hearing the very real possibility of power
deregulation in Oregon as soon as this Fall. It seems
that either way, I will be paying a lot for
electricity, so I might as well spend it on solar
power. If anyone has had any experience with solar
systems or companies you can recommend that can help
someone ignorant but well-intended like me, please let
me know. I would truely appreciate it.

Thanks,
Kim Hoyer
Portland, Oregon