Cob: A call for builders

Joselita Cuerva cob_leggs at hotmail.com
Thu May 31 11:33:33 CDT 2001

Hello every one,
This is Allegra Brucker in Northern California. I am looking for help to
complete my cob house this summer. I live in one of the most Remote areas in
California on the Salmon River, surrounded by three beautiful wilderness
areas. This will be my third summer working on the cob house that I built on
my family's land. This summer I intend to complete the project. Most all of
the cobbing is done, the roof is on and the scratch coat of plaster is done.
The work I will be doing is, some carpentry, putting in windows and doors,
joining cob and wood, building the loft, doing some beautiful sculptural
work with colored glass and cob, finish plaster work and build an earthen
floor. The list is long but not that long. We will provide meals and a place
to camp, possibly some monetary compensation if you have specific skills we
need. I am looking for help between JUNE 15 AND AUGUST 30. I live on a 180
acre ranch owned by 9 families, my family has three large organic gardens
and focus of lives around sustainability, art and ecosystem restoration.
There is much to learn from the land and the people who dwell upon it. We
are surrounded by wilderness and National forest. If you are interested in
the cob project please email me or call (415) 282 5373(before june 9) or
(530)462 4720(any time) or Write  Allegra Brucker
Box 610
Forks of Salmon, CA
96031