Cob: Any cob building in TX

Wbobpat at aol.com Wbobpat at aol.com
Fri Jul 13 08:16:52 CDT 2001

Hi,

I am a lurker on this list. I have been trying to learn all I can. I have
Becky's book which has given me the boost I've needed to get out and start
playing in the mud.

But I sure would like to actually "see"  a building, be it home or shed, that
has been built out of cob. I am just out of Fort Worth area. I think I read
somewhere that there was some cob homes is southern TX. Does anyone give
tours? Would anyone like some "newbie help." This would have to be within a
days drive as I work long hard hours for a large national corp. America
hardware store. I know, don't gringe! Sometimes you have to go one way to get
to the other way.
For the girl who wants to just leave corp. America behind, my advice is to
look around your area and use what it has to offer. Your key to getting out
is right there.
I worked hard for 20 years homeschooling and taking care of others throw-out
kids.
All went to college. All are successful. I on the other hand have "no job
experience."
So I stock shelves. But I make use of our continuing education at the
community college. When most folks my age are retiring, I am just beginning.
Its OK. I love my computer and business classes. I've had the nerve to throw
in a stained glass class.
That's after working 40+ hours for a 24 year old boss who wants me to move
faster.
But 2 years from now I will have my own business or work from home. I can see
it, I  know it, you can too.

Pat
"there's a crack in everything----that's how the light gets in", Leonard Cohen