Cob: Re: No money but not the Blues

Brian Brown runner at loop.com
Sat Jul 14 11:04:23 CDT 2001

For the last two years my wife has been very sick with a bone marrow
disease. Research has shown that bone marrow diseases are caused primarily
these days by energy technologies.  Corporations have rushed to take
advantage of new sources of power.  There is even strong evidence that mere
electrification of homes in the early twentieth century caused a peak in
early childhood leukemia cases.  Even the AC current in our homes disrupts
sleep, healing and health.  Adulteration of our food makes us sick, less
energetic and mentally unstable.  Medical drugs are prescribed at alarming
rates.  Even the mass media suppresses the truth that these mass killing
sprees in public schools are related to side effects of anti-psychotic drugs
being taken by the perpetrators.  Such drugs have been pushed on to the
public with minimal safety testing.  Nuclear energy could be a nice idea if
the administrators of it were omniscient.  But how is it that depleted
uranium finds its way into mechanical counter balances in aircraft and
helicopters?  Uranium is more toxic than lead, once ingested finds its way
to the bone and kidneys where it can stay until the subject dies of kidney
or bone marrow disease.  So why did doctors not test my wife for uranium in
her body?  She went to an alternative doctor who found that she has high
levels of uranium.  Where did it come from?  A nearby helicopter
manufacturing plant?  Drinking water which comes from uranium mine tailings
from the Colorado River?

The wealthy are engaged in a plot to convince us that we need their
technologies, that the side effects are minimal, that the greater good will
result.  Lies, lies, lies!  If the poor were not so fooled!  If only the
rejected their envy of the rich!  Then they would learn to be content and
better their lives without giving advantage to the rich by spending their
resources on empty promises.  How many of the poor grow their own food?  How
many of the poor spend their money on worthless food?  How many of the poor
are perpetually unhappy because they do not have this or that product
advertised on TV which if used as prescribed, will make them loose their
health and happiness?  We are engaged in a war of envy and jealousy, and the
rich feed on our weaknesses.

This is why cob is so attractive to me.  It is a building material as much
from God as wild berries and edible weeds, or the seed in an apple from
which a tree may be grown.  But how can an apple feed humanity if a
corporation does not add anything to it?

If there should come into your assembly a man with gold rings, in fine
apparel, and there should also come in a poor man in filthy clothes, and you
pay attention to the one wearing the fine clothes and say to him, "You sit
here in a good place," and say to the poor man, "You stand there," or, "Sit
here at my footstool," have you not shown partiality among yourselves, and
become judges with evil thoughts? Listen, my beloved brethren: Has God not
chosen the poor of this world to be rich in faith and heirs of the kingdom
which He promised to those who love Him? But you have dishonored the poor
man. Do not the rich oppress you and drag you into the courts? Do they not
blaspheme that noble name by which you are called?
If you really fulfill the royal law according to the Scripture, "You shall
love your neighbor as yourself,"you do well; but if you show partiality, you
commit sin, and are convicted by the law as transgressors (James 2: 2-9).

"Come now, you rich, weep and howl for your miseries that are coming upon
you! Your riches are corrupted, and your garments are moth-eaten. Your gold
and silver are corroded, and their corrosion will be a witness against you
and will eat your flesh like fire. You have heaped up treasure in the last
days. Indeed the wages of the laborers who mowed your fields, which you kept
back by fraud, cry out; and the cries of the reapers have reached the ears
of the Lord of Sabaoth.You have lived on the earth in pleasure and luxury;
you have fattened your hearts as in a day of slaughter. You have condemned,
you have murdered the just; he does not resist you (James 5:1-6).

Brian
LA