Cob: stucco question

Louis louis at sisp.net
Fri Aug 3 12:08:14 CDT 2001

Tar paint to the rescue!

Although a waterproof layer is supposed to cause trouble with
delaminating  and sloughing, it sounds like the only solution in some
locales.  Like wind-driven rain locales where three foot eaves aren't enough.

Jay, do you see patching or constant maintenance where people in England
use that tar  paint on cob?

I've seen pictures of the erosion that backsplash causes, and I wouldn't
want it on my house.  That's why I like the three foot plinth that Mike Wye
recommends.

Louis