Cob: Workshop

Jeanne Leimkuhler jleim at mail.bloomington.in.us
Tue Aug 7 13:01:15 CDT 2001

Hello coblist. I have been off the list for about 6 months and I'm
looking forward to catching up with what's being discussed. My
husband and I are teaching a workshop this fall and I wanted to pass
this notice along to the list. Hope some of you out there can come.

Glad to be back,
Jeanne

NATURAL BUILDING WORKSHOP
September 16-22 in Bloomington,IN

Learn how to build with the oldest and most used building material in
the world, Earth

Joe Davis and Jeanne Leimkuhler will be leading a hands-on 7 day
workshop on the basics of Natural Building with cob and cobwood
construction.
We will be completing the walls on a guest house at May Creek Farm, a
community 10 miles southwest of Bloomington.

You will learn: how to make cob and apply it to the wall; how to set
windows into cob; how to combine cordwood with cob; how to embed
glass bottles into cob; different ways to build a foundation; how to
design for passive solar; different options for roofs and how to
build a cob fireplace.

Other opportunities include a visit to a completed strawbale house,
the Lotus World Music Festival and participation in building a
cordwood wall.

The $450 tuition includes vegetarian meals, camping facilities which
includes a swimming pond and Natural Building resource information.
$400 if registered by 8/15. Work/Trades available.

Call 812-333-9381 or email: jleim at bloomington.in.us