Cob: stucco question?

jamie.ayres at m2.com jamie.ayres at m2.com
Tue Aug 14 10:46:10 CDT 2001

Bearing all of this in mind, and that correctly constructed dry stone
walling may be strong enough to hold up a cob house, would it be safe to
say that you could simply use a softer (less pozzolan) lime mortar simply
for weather proofing?

ie, instead of relying on an unknown factor for such an important job as
holding the house up you could rely on the relatively safe dry stone
construction and just point the wall with softer lime mortar that will
prevent water ingress?

Jay

Jamie Ayres / M2 Communications Ltd / http://www.m2.com
Any views expressed in this e-mail are not necessarily the same as those
of my employer.

"Mike Wye" <mike at mikewye.co.uk>
Sent by: owner-coblist at deatech.com
08/10/01 08:50 PM