Cob: new to cob

Ann Walter-Breon awalter at innernet.net
Fri Aug 24 05:28:53 CDT 2001

I've been on this mailing list for some time, but now I'm planning a small cob project of my own, because everyone thinks I'm crazy for wanting to build with "mud". I need to know the laws regarding cob in Southern Maryland (St Mary's County) and any other info and advice you can give.
I once had a catalog filled with books on alternative building and such, but I can't find it now, can someone tell me where to get another and what books are best?
Thanks for discussing use of wood chips, I'm a utility line clearance tree trimmer and have more woodchips than I know what to do with. I would think that locust would be best, as it seems to harden with age. We use locust for fence post.
Anyone in S. Maryland that would like to help just let me know!