Cob: plasters/chopping straw

Steve Lewis seaweedsteve at newmexico.com
Fri Sep 7 00:20:34 CDT 2001

Besides the mulchers, Sears leafwhacker, which is still an investment, I
have heard about circular saws, grinders with wire wheels,  even a mulching
lawn mower (mow your bales?)  and a weedeater in a trash can.   I'll try the
circ saw on the edge of a bale first.

On plaster, I have been checking out perlite for an insulating plaster.  A
great material, similar to vermiculite.  It is commonly appreciated as a
plaster made by USG called "Structolite"   Has great insulation properities.
It's popped rock!   Do a search to learn more.  There are even specialized
grades made for concrete and plaster.

Then I noticed papercrete again, and it's a lot cheaper for a big job, so I
think we will play with that first...

steve