Cob: sandy soil

Sbay Hi_eagle at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 3 22:55:23 CDT 2001

Thanks for all the info.
I'm building it a 15 ft round with flat on one side for my windows.
Sort of a half moon shape i guess.
I'd like to do just a shed roof cuz it seems easiest
we got lucky and got a bunch of windows free.  They are in great shape and all four have double pane windows in them that work!
They are pretty big and so that's what determined the shape of the house plans.
I'd like to have already gotten started because the weather has been so great here in Minnesota!!
It's been so warm and wonderful out.
I think it will take quite a while to dry however so I'm thinking I might need to build the roof first so we can move in with semi wet walls.
It will be getting very very cold soooooon!

My clay that I had brought in gets extremely hard, not really crumbly at all.  Maybe I just got sandy clay??
I was thinking of just using it with a very small amount of my sandy soil like 70%clay 30% soil and mixing with either a cement mixer or a bobcat.
Anyone have experience with either?

Sara