Cob: Cement Mixers reply to Sara

Raduazo at aol.com Raduazo at aol.com
Thu Oct 4 14:55:15 CDT 2001

Dear Sara:
       Cement mixers do not work. In order to mix something in a cement mixer
you have to add too much water (the mix is not lode bearing). Instead I would
suggest a very cheap 4-5 HP. rear-tine rototiller. Chop the straw and mix all
on a slab if you are particular about your mix or just dump the sand and
straw on the clay soil add water and start tilling. You will get a feel for
the right mix. Use a dirt fork and a wheel barrow for moving your cob to the
wall and two people can do the work of ten.
       It worked for me.
       Ed