Cob: cement mixer mortar mixer hot water

Theodore L. Stacy tlstacy at niia.net
Sat Oct 6 06:04:47 CDT 2001

Instead of a cement mixer, try using a mortar mixer.  The difference is that
a mortar mixer has blades that move, whereas the cement mixer has a drum
that moves.  Keep those hands OUT of the mixer!  We are mudding our sb walls
today and will be using the mortar mixer with clay slip, sand, lime, fiber,
straw, and wheat paste.  Will post if we run into any problems.

Anyone have a creative ideas for heating the mix water so we don't freeze
our petunias?