Cob: A Proposal for Yale

Gregori Robinson robinson at on.aibn.com
Sat Oct 6 17:08:23 CDT 2001

Mafi,

Dear Mafi,

I think the best approach on this is to strike a committee within the University community and formally invite someone such as myself to  facilitate the process of developing a program.   As an environmental art consultants,  our feeling is that if properly approached, Yale, or any progressive university would embrace such a project.

The area of interest that we have been pursuing is 3-D modeling for organic form in architecture. The potential of this is beyond imagination as the G-Code Files can be scaled and manipulated within the software and then outputed to CNC routers, laser cutters and milling machines I have a CNC Router within  ArtNouveau.ws and would be able to provide prototypes for the proposal.

The objectives are three fold:

1.  Creating a forum for artists and sculptures to be involved in the design process of architecture.

2.  Inviting Environmental consultants the opportunity to reach their highest potential.

3  Provide a forum for Artists, Environmental Consultants,  Computer Science Experts, and Instructors of Architecture to interface.  The results would be the realization of a truly prime example of Sustainable Architecture.

The program would provide opportunity for the students to be involved in every aspect of the project from modeling the originals in clay to scanning the models, creating designs on 3-D Modeling Software to working the CNC routers, to building the project.

Our proposal would include a video documentary, as well as assist in locating the sponsorships.  Our research show that funding is readily available for such an ideal proposal.

A quote from Margaret Mead:

the world, indeed it's the only thing that ever has"

Gregori Robinson
Creative Director
ArtNouveau.ws