Cob: Re: [ES O.B.] Noisy Sunfrost - Off Topic

David & Sheila Knapp solar at aeroinc.net
Sun Oct 7 23:12:29 CDT 2001

Yo Scott,

Why don't we take an informal poll of Sunfrost refrigerator owners, past & present, to get an idea of how common or not this problem is.  I've only had personal experience with three of them, an RF-12 at the shell house in Taos, NM, an RF-16 at the MREA headquarters in Custer, WI, and a friends RF-19 in Strum, WI.  None of these had the noise symptoms that I or the owners could detect.  If they were noisy like my old Frigidaire, the owners would be the first to complain.

Let's take a wider poll to determine a better sampling of what is out there.  We can make a simple list to send to Sunfrost as the problem is "might" more widespread than we see even here. My intention here is NOT to damage anyone or anything, but to help those that appear to need it right now.  I have spent the last six years promoting Sunfrost's as part of my personal hobby of PV systems without ever seeing a penny from that recommendation or hard work. I do feel more than just a bit of ownership in seeing Sunfrost customer satisfaction in all of the time and energy I have spent as a part of it all.

Rather than clogging up too much bandwidth, folks should reply to me personally at my home address: Earthship at esolarliving.com instead of the list.  Sorry folks in advance for the intrusion to the other solar and natural building lists with this off topic request.  We are just trying to help some customers who feel they are not getting the quality or service they are expecting from Sunfrost at this time.

If you can help, please send me your Sunfrost model #, how old it is, how well it is working (good or bad), your geographic area, and optionally your name (not real important, we won't publish your name or Email address except to use it to send you the final survey results and any final reply from Sunfrost that we get).  Have you contacted Sunfrost about any problems you might have had or are having?  I intend to send the results we get whether pro or con, but will not send the poll results to the various lists (just the appliance owners).

Anyone wanting a copy of the results when we get them should indicate so to me when you send the info.

Many thanks in advance,

Dave Knapp
http://www.esolarliving.com