FW: Cob: Cast earth countertops?? WHY NOT STONE!!!

Vicki Wicker vcwicker at asub.arknet.edu
Wed Oct 24 12:19:33 CDT 2001

At 10:28 AM 10/20/01 -0800, Ocean wrote:
>Well, if cost is your problem, then please consider that linseed oil is
>about $10 a gallon, beeswax is even more money...after casting an earthen
>counter and then waterproofing it, you exceed the $50 an imported slab of
>flagstone might cost.  If you want to do it cheap, just use concrete!

It should be a quadrangle, not a triangle. Time-Cost-Quality and
MOTIVATION. We have some very good friends who are also wanting to live
"green". They've yet to turn one spade of soil and this week are having a
used trailer delivered to their place. We have about one third of our
planned home finished and livable.
They were as smart and capable as we are, just haven't found the grit to
get to it and get it done.