Cob: ARE OUR NATURAL BUILDING IDEAS CAST IN STONE??? (or, the STONEvs. cast earth controversy continues)

Shannon C. Dealy dealy at deatech.com
Fri Oct 26 12:22:03 CDT 2001

On Fri, 26 Oct 2001, Ocean wrote:

> Desert Rivers,
>
> Thanks for your positive interpretation, in fact I wasn't yelling, only
> TYPING IN CAPS...
[snip]

Unfortunately, when people join the internet they aren't given a handbook
of all the conventions, protocols, common symbols, etc. that are used in
communicating on the internet.  It happens that this is one of them, the
convention (which dates back at least 15 years that I am personally aware
of), is that typing any block of text in all capital letters is
"shouting".  Of course it helps to give people the benefit of the doubt
and email them privately about issues like this.  I am posting this to the
list, because I have noticed that there are others who are also unaware of
this convention.