Cob: Shouting

Howard ecoarchitech1 at directvinternet.com
Fri Oct 26 16:43:32 CDT 2001

Yes, sometimes it is intentional.  I often will use caps to apply emphasis to a
word or phrase because it is clearer than italics, which seems to de-emphasize
it seems to me.  I think shouting comes more with the tone of the post coupled
with caps and generally for the whole sentence or paragraph.  We here should be
able to tell the difference, all being a pretty gentle bunch I presume. My
favorite quote for what we are all considering is the one from an anonymous
Shoshone,

"Oh the comfort, the inexpressible comfort of feeling safe with a person, having
neither to weigh
thought nor measure words, but pouring them all right out, just as they are,
chaff and grain
together, certain that a faithful hand will take and sift them, keep what is
worth keeping, and with a
breath of kindness, blow the rest away."

howard