Cob: RE: Re: Cistern

Jud Malone jmalone at bcgtrans.com
Fri Oct 26 14:37:18 CDT 2001

I don't know about the septic.  My cistern will be uphill from any septic
system and about 300 yards away.  Consult your local building codes if you
have any.  The library would also be a good source of info.

About the cover, I would insulate just because I like the assurance, but
your best bet is to ask the locals what they do.  The way I look at it is
this: how does the cost and inconvenience of constructing an insulated cover
at a time of your choosing compare to the cost and inconvenience of dealing
with a frozen cistern at a time NOT of your choosing.  If it happens once in
20 years, that's too much for me.

Hope that helps,
Jud