Cob: Re: Re: Time and cost?

Carla Kennedy carlaevans at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 31 14:29:59 CST 2001

>Why Cob people are pre-occupied with cost and hope to build a home for next
>to nothing is beyond us

Now Gregori, did I say that?  I'm more than willing to make necessary and
reasonable investments in the home I want to create.  But certainly it is
prudent to have some estimated expenses in mind, no?  If a cob house is
going to cost me $50K and 4 billion hours of labor, then I would have to
consider it closely.  If it might take 6 months of intensive labor and $20K,
that's another story.

I would still be interested in any ranges of actual numbers, if anyone wants
to venture informed guesses.  I'm sure I'll be bothering you with more
questions as I formulate them.

I appreciate all the information from everyone, and if this does become the
plan, anyone in the area would certainly be welcome to come hang out and
stomp mud.

Thanks!
Carla

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible
warning."