Fwd: Re: Cob: Re: Re: Time and cost?

Carla Kennedy carlaevans at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 31 14:42:04 CST 2001

Vicki said:

>We debated long and hard about cob, because we have good cob soil here. But
>its the thermal mass thing that has worried us. Our summers are extremely
>hot and extremely humid. My concern was that by late august we would be
>living essentially in a self made oven. Once those wall heated up, they
>wouldn't have a chance to cool down until maybe November!

This is not something I'd considered.
Oklahoma summers are long and miserable, and night doesn't usually bring
much relief.  Do the rest of you confirm Vicki's oven analogy?  That might
be a deciding factor, although it might break my heart.

Thank you!
Carla

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible
warning."