Cob: Earth Floor!

SANCO Enterprises, LLC chansey at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 5 09:26:28 CST 2001

Chuck,

The mix design was for a commercial application.  Not all code jurisdictions
permit an earthen floor so there has to be a compromise, 6" of compacted
base course crusher fines and 1-2" of flowable cement that needs no trowling
is perhaps second best.

I may agree with you on being spoiled with access to materials.  Mother
nature did not share her wealth of materials fairly--we have either all clay
or just blow sand and if we are really lucky a few stones.  Distribution
varies widely throughout the state of New Mexico.

SANCO Enterprises, LLC
Paul Salas, General Manager
P.O. Box 45741
Rio Rancho, NM  87174