Cob: Linoleum

Steve Lewis seaweedsteve at newmexico.com
Sun Nov 4 22:42:48 CST 2001

http://www.themarmoleumstore.com/

The Linoleum Story
Linoleum has been a mainstay floor covering for over 100 years because it is one of the few products made from primarily natural raw materials. It is made up of linseed oil, rosins, and wood flour, calendered onto a natural jute backing (backing for tile is polyester). It is a tough yet visually striking floor covering, highly resistant to heavy rolling loads and foot traffic. Because linoleum is a natural organic product, its performance is enhanced by time, as exposure to air serves to harden and increase its durability. Although linoleum continues to harden over time, the floor remains quiet and comfortable under foot.