Cob: Re: Cob, pine needles anyone?

lucynda norton dragonfly_183 at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 10 09:06:23 CST 2001

(snip)
I was wondering if anyone has experience with the use of pine needles in
>cob - - in any proportion with the use of straw??

We also have a lot of pine needles in my area in Arkansas.  I've used them
to make baskets and although I haven't used them in walls in place of straw
I have used them to make test bricks and they seemed to work just as well.
I tried them simply because I knew they were plentiful and free.  After all
if I ran out on my property I didn't think anyone would object to me taking
the ones laying in there yard.