Cob: cob/ thermalMass

Bill&Julie wbates at mn.rr.com
Fri Jan 18 11:01:54 CST 2002

*smiles*   Tanx Matt,,,,    ThermalMass,,, Water has it...
Would pipes heated by water expand and contract so
much as to destroy the cob that it is in?
Years ago,,, back when I was a little'un, we had a
stove in the kitchen that had a waterjacket. Mom would
cook a meal, and it would heat the water to do the
dishes at the same time.
We were so poor we couldn't pay attention.

The idea would be to put a water jacket inside a stove,
and allow the heat to convect the water to a reservoir
higher than the heat source. The loop would continue
down through the pipes in the floor and back up to the
bottom fitting of the water jacket.

whadaya tink???  Bill

ps. I see you have a shinnnnnnny Philosophical too.