Cob: cob/ thermalMass

Matthew HALL(SED) M.Hall at shu.ac.uk
Fri Jan 18 10:25:33 CST 2002

wbates at mn.rr.com writes:
>----- Original Message -----
>From: "Ocean" <ahimsaocean at yahoo.com>
>To: "Bill&Julie" <wbates at mn.rr.com>
>Cc: <coblist at deatech.com>
>Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2002 10:18 PM
>Subject: Re: Cob: cob/ thermalMass

Very entertaining! I am obviously interested in earth building from a professional point of view
but also from a personal one. The 'concept' of earth building is one that appeals to the tree
hugger in all of us and one day i would love nothing more that to detach myself from the coils of
financial slavery and build an earth home with facility for home grown food, sustainable living
etc. Who wants to buy into almost a lifetime of mortgage-shackled purgatory?

I am sure that every step towards an idealised 'green' society is also a mirrored paradoxical step
towards the past. Ultimately the most 'green' dwelling will no doubt be a cave with a sheet of
high-tech glass over the front. The again, maybe that would not be so bad...

Matthew

Matthew Hall - PhD Research Student
Centre for the Built Environment
Unit 9 Science Park