Cob: Scavenger's heart & the $500 house

Banks fbanks at theriver.com
Thu Jan 31 04:59:28 CST 2002

And guys, you need a scavenger's heart.  Which is a gift of vision.  Seeing
what others do not.   And I don't mean whirligigs made out of bleach bottles
and golf balls.

Those with a scavenger's heart can live a good, and I mean good, life off
the wastestream of this nation and be doing people 'favors' all day long....
You say, "I'll take this (waste product) off your hands on a regular basis,
clean up your site a bit, and you don't owe me a thing."

They say, "Why thank you, kind person, maybe you'd have a use for (waste
product) my friend's company is desperate to get rid of.."

Before you know it, your yard is full of perfectly good / new sinks,
bathtubs, toilets, shower stalls, building materials, firewood, sheet metal,
mulch, compost, fencing, road base, cement, rock, gravel, brick, goats,
chickens, doors and windows...  If you applied yourself and had that heart,
that vision, you could feed, clothe, and house yourself and others, quite
well, and even have a running vehicle, all from the waste stream.  (One
great reason to be 'stuck' near a major metro area:  The incredible
scavenging potential.)  Think of the many opportunites to share your vision
with people you'd never meet otherwise.... and thereby...  change the world.

Just a li'l ol' scavenger momma.
Joy