Cob: structural cob /3-D panels

*Lootvik* lootvik at usermail.com
Tue Feb 5 13:33:46 CST 2002

I saw a picture on the castearth site showing them putting 3-D Panels in
the middle of a very thick wall.  Not the same as cob, obviously.
   I can't imagine cob would work--it's just too solid.  Since the steel
wires reduce the insulation value to one third the starting value, I don't
think they make sense in earthen walls.  Plastic connectors [or even wood]
to hold the sandwich together are the way to go in my book.

*Lootvik*