Cob: Re: wha-hoopend?

Shannon C. Dealy dealy at deatech.com
Mon Feb 11 18:12:48 CST 2002

On Sun, 11 Aug 2002, Bill&Julie wrote:

> OOps there was quite the flurry of activity on the "COBLIST", and
> poof,,,, nothing,,,, did I do something wrong?
> bill

No, there just haven't been any messages to the list in the last five
days (if someone knows of a message they sent to the list since
Feb. 6 which didn't get through, please contact me).  There was one other
message sent to the list checking on it's status, but it got corrupted and
discarded due to power fluctuations.

For those of you who were not aware, a massive wind storm came through the
Willamette valley here in Oregon late last week and knocked out power
and/or phones for a large area.  As it happens, the servers for the
coblist and I are located right in the middle of where the storm hit.
While I have both battery backup and a generator here, both of my internet
links were down for awhile (one of them is still down), and it was during
the power outage that I discovered that my UPS and generator don't work
very well together (which is how the one message go trashed).  Anyway,
everything should be back to normal now.