Cob: Re: FW: Steel Frame?

toswink toswink at mindspring.com
Mon Mar 11 16:31:52 CST 2002

If I understood you correctly that you have a building which is supported by
steel. Then the strawbales are not load bearing but for only insulation. I
would not think there is any problem.
 If you are looking for design tech to help create a plan,then I suggest you
do a web search via google on steel frame houses.
I have a friend who is disabled and he was able to put most of his house up
because it came as a kit drill and screws and a lot of extra feet and hands
:).
 I would think many pre fab mfg would jump on helping you create a
strawbale. It is the wave of the future for sure.