Cob: Re: Tropical homes

David Knowlton pilot1ab80 at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 15 10:15:29 CST 2002

hi,

i live in tampa, fl. incorporate ridge vents into your structure. have air
that is drawn in come from shaded areas and leave out the roof. earthen
floor can draw heat away too, i am told. you may be able to use a small fire
to power a global convection cooling system. sounds silly, but it is
feasible depending on the intelligence of your design. sorry i can't be more
concrete, i haven't ventured outside of conventional building methods - yet.
david