Cob: bicycle powered cob mixer

Charmaine R Taylor tms at northcoast.com
Tue Mar 19 00:15:01 CST 2002

Brian, , I am female and I was also one of the people suggesting you
first try to make cob- or even get your hands in dirt before going off
on a tangent.

Your words are well spoken, but your original idea is akin to a novice
telling the master "Oh no- don't teach me the basics, just skip to the
the highest levels so I don't waste time"

Almost any experienced teacher will tell you you must learn the basics
before you can diverge.  All of history has young people starting as
journeymen, to learn a trade or skill.
You don't seem to want to even try cobbing the traditional way.

You are welcome to spend you time and energy building your mixer, and we
will be happy to hear if it works..but most people here I am sure were
trying to guide you, not crush your spirit.  No one wants to see you
waste a lot of your time either.

there was a big  design contraption  "bike- powered-papercrete" mixer
discussion going around 3 years ago too- also a person who had not made
a batch of papercrete and had no concept of the power needed to chop and
slurry paper.

Charmaine Taylor/ Taylor Publishing
http://www.dirtcheapbuilder.com