Cob: Post plywood....light straw clay and other questions about retrofitting

Robert B Krueger rob_cheryl at juno.com
Mon Apr 8 21:48:02 CDT 2002

cob folk,  you have been most helpful!!....but here are a few more
issues:

Question 1:        With the slip form method for using light straw clay
or wood chips, how long can I expect the stud wall to last in this
situation.  Because the walls are linear, will there be a problem with
weight/stability?

Question 2:        When removing plywood flooring in th loft, I would be
left with wooden floor joists. Could I overlay this with 2" x 6 " fir
decking?

Question 3:        There is a perimeter, continuous concrete foundation
(in good shape).  Can this be filled in with cob (or what?) to increase
the floor mass?

Question 4:         The insulation in the roof would be replaced with
wool insulation.  Does this need to be washed and carded or left as is in
plastic??

Thanks everyone!
Rob Krueger

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!