Cob: SOIL

Spencer Perlman spencerperlman at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 8 22:04:40 CDT 2002

Greetings Cobbers--

I am in Phoenix, AZ and I am going to start using cob as a
building/sculptural material to do some work.  I have done lots of reading
regarding cob and its properties.  Now that I have managed to find a bit of
land to practice some cob creations, my next challenge is to get a hold of
some good soil with a bit a clay in it (about 20% clay would be nice)  Is
anyone on the list building with cob in my part of AZ or in a similar
climate/geological area?

Also, if anyone has any suggestions on where to gather soil, that would be a
great help too.  I don't have access to digging up the earth where I will be
creating my cob.

Thanks

Spence

Spencer Perlman