Cob: wool insulation

sarah kercheval hi_eagle at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 9 09:53:55 CDT 2002

You could leave the wool uncarded if put in plastic bags and a layer of
plastic containing the whole area up there.  Or you can sometimes find a
drum carding machine to rent.  That way it would stink less and you wouldn't
have to use all that plastic.  But actually i got some wool from a farmer
who just donated it to my "cause".  He wasn't going to use it because the
wool was too dirty and short for his purposes.  I had a wool factory card it
in their huge machine and add a little bit of their wool to make it longer
stranded and it came to my house just lovely fluffy white clouds of wool.  I
only paid $35. for three fleece.  Then you can put it in any shape of
thickness you want, and you only need to cover it with fabric for your
ceiling.

Sarah