Cob: RE: Augmentation to, or the replacement of CLAY as a component of COB,

Bill&Julie wbates at mn.rr.com
Tue Apr 16 20:56:21 CDT 2002

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: ben graham
  To: coblist at deatech.com
  Sent: Tuesday, April 16, 2002 2:57 PM
  Subject: Re: Cob: RE: Augmentation to, or the replacement of CLAY as a component of COB,

  >I propose that the Dust that is washed by air scrubbers at a Nonmetallic
  >Mineral Processing Plant, such as in an Asphalt or Concrete Plant, be used
  >to augment or replace the clay component in COB or UNFIRED EARTH MASONRY
  >construction.

     Is this what they call fly ash?  Pliny Fisk has done work with this
  through the Center for Max. Potential Energy.  Either way if it works, it
  works.  Doesn't matter what the definition of clay is. Try it!

  Best
  Ben

  Hidare! Ben,, and all.. *smiles*   I did a Google search On
  "FLY ASH"  It would seem that it is the air born solids from a
  combustion, as in coal...
  The DUST that I refer to, is the air born dust that comes
  from gravel being crushed or ground.
  When it comes out of the process it is not usable by the asphalt
  plant. And it is as sticky as "Blue Gumbo" clay. We have to
  use a backhoe to scrape it out of the dump truck box.

-------------- next part --------------
<HTML><HEAD>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=4></FONT> </DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE
  <DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial">----- Original Message ----- </DIV>
  <DIV
  style="BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; FONT: 10pt arial; font-color: black"><B>From:</B>
  <A title=benfrankg at hotmail.com href="mailto:benfrankg at hotmail.com">ben
  graham</A> </DIV>
  <DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial"><B>To:</B> <A title=coblist at deatech.com
  href="mailto:coblist at deatech.com">coblist at deatech.com</A> </DIV>
  <DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Tuesday, April 16, 2002 2:57
  PM</DIV>
  <DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> Re: Cob: RE: Augmentation to, or
  the replacement of CLAY as a component of COB, </DIV>
  <DIV><BR></DIV>
  <DIV><BR>>I propose that the Dust that is washed by air scrubbers at a
  Nonmetallic <BR>>Mineral Processing Plant, such as in an Asphalt or
  Concrete Plant, be used <BR>>to augment or replace the clay component in
  COB or UNFIRED EARTH MASONRY <BR>>construction.<BR><BR>   Is this
  what they call fly ash?  Pliny Fisk has done work with this <BR>through
  the Center for Max. Potential Energy.  Either way if it works, it
  <BR>works.  Doesn't matter what the definition of clay is. Try
  it!<BR><BR>Best<BR>Ben<BR><BR></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=4>Hidare! Ben,, and all.. *smiles*   I
  did a Google search On </FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=4>"FLY ASH"  It would seem that it is the air
  born solids from a</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=4>combustion, as in coal...</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=4>The DUST that I refer to, is the air born dust
  that comes </FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=4>from gravel </FONT><FONT face=Arial size=4>being
  crushed or ground.</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=4>When it comes out of the process it is not usable
  by the asphalt</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=4>plant. And it is as sticky as "Blue Gumbo"
  clay. We have to </FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=4>use a backhoe to scrape it out of the dump truck
  box.</FONT>  <BR></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>