Cob: soil test, how much sand

Kerry S Tebbetts yourelovedbygod at juno.com
Sun Apr 28 00:40:49 CDT 2002

First of all, I just want to thank everyone for all the great info.  I
feel like such a babe, and I'm glad to be able to look to you more
experienced cobbers (and builders in general).  I took several samples of
my soil and did a shake test for each sample (4 in all).  It looks like I
have mostly silt with maybe some very fine sand.  I'm really bummed.  I'm
wondering if you all can give me an idea of how many tons of sand and
clay I'll have to truck in.  For those of you who have had to had to get
your sand and clay elsewhere, can you give me an idea of how much you had
to bring in and how big your house is?

thanks
shae